AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this area and have been reading several posts about which antenna is appropriate for use, but I have only seen mixed opinions. I live in Brookline, MA in a condo unit on the third floor of a six floor building. I am not allowed to install an outdoor antenna on the roof of the building, but can install a small antenna on my balcony, which has an obstructed view on the west side of the building due to the wall of the building. Antennaweb.org recommends using a medium-sized directional antenna, but the ones that I have seen are a little too big. I am only about 8 miles from the Needham tower, which carries most of the HDTV signals. Can someone please recommend me a small outdoor antenna or a good indoor antenna. Thanks in advance.

-Albert

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a Radio Shack Bow Tie antenna for OTA HDTV (indoors). It is inexpensive and returnable if you aren't satisifed with the picutre. I am able to get all of the Needham signals with it at a range of 8 to 10 miles. Also, I am using the Zenith HD520SAT.

You could also try the Zenith Silver Sensor; I did but the RS works better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.