AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our Panasonic TC-P65V10 for a week now and it is currently mounted to the wall using a OmniMount OL200FT.

We have decided however, to upgrade to a full motion articulating mount which will provide more stability plus give easy access to the rear panel inputs. 90% of our viewing will be with the TV back flat against the wall, but having the option to extend and swivel the TV when we have a room full of people will be a nice feature.

We are currently looking at the

SANUS VMDD26
http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...n-mount/VMDD26

SANUS XF228
http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...on-mount/XF228

The VMDD26 is rated for 175lb while the XF228 is rated for 200lb. Both mounts weigh approx 60lbs. Our TV is 135lb without the stand.

We are considering getting Artison Masterpiece M-LCR/UMB speakers
http://www.artisonusa.com/artison_005.htm

which will attach to both sides of the TV panel. I haven't yet been able to find out the weight of the speakers but I am concerned that we will be approaching the 175lb limit of the VMDD26 plus putting significant weight on the wall and studs.

Both mounts are similar in function except that the XF228 does not offer Pan motion. They both offer "touch of a finger" ease of viewing angle adjustment. Both are rated for TV displays of 42 - 63" but I suspect that was before 65" or greater were available.

Anyone have experience with either of these mounts with a 65"+ display? By adding side attached speakers do you think the weight burden on either the mount or studs will be an issue? What is the practical benefit of having a panning motion on the mount?

The Sanus seems to be highly rated by a lot of people here but I am looking particularly for pros or cons of using a Sanus mount for a 65" display with attached speakers.

The tech who will be professionally calibrating our TV can install the mount the same time he calibrates and installs the speaker system. Are there any other mount models I should consider? My priority is a safe/secure mount for the weight and TV size, plus ability to easily access rear panel and tilt/extend/swivel. Any info, suggestions, comments appreciated.

·
Registered
529 Posts
One thing for you to perhaps consider in your situation is how far out the mount will extend the display. Since you have a 65" and you are mounting after market speakers to the sides it may have to extend quite a ways just to get even a 45 degree swivel.

I've had a Chief mount for years that has held two plasmas (currently a 60" Pioneer) and mine can extend out 33" versus the more usual 23"-24". Here's their current model of that type that can extend out 36" http://www.mountsandmore.com/Chief-M...-U-CF1640.html . Chief mounts are a little more expensive but are generally considered among the best. Mine is built like a tank. Plus they have excellent product support. When I got my new 60" Pioneer I needed a new mounting bracket for it in order to continue using the same mount and they had no trouble giving me the proper model number for it despite my mount being 5 1/2 years old.

Here's their company web page. http://www.chiefmfg.com/

Again just something for you to think about with your proposed extra wide display.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IceTBC - thanks for the tip on the Chief mounts. We talked directly with Sanus and found out that Chief is their commercial mount branch. They look like excellent mounts. We have decided that the new Sanus XF228 should meet our needs however. It extends out a full 28 inches and should allow the moderate degree of swivel we would need on the rare instance when we have more than 4-5 people watching TV. It will usually just be myself and my husband and the TV will remain unextended and straight back against the wall. The articulating mount will primarily allow us easy access to the rear panel with the option for tilt and swivel if needed.

Matthew - Thanks so much for the weight info on the Masterpiece speakers. With the TV weighing in at 135lbs that should still keep us under the 200lb rating for the mount. I stopped at a local Masterpiece dealer last weekend to see how the speakers sound and look. The esthetics are great. They sounded great also but it is really hard to judge since their room was nothing like the room we will be placing them in. Our installer has experience with Masterpiece and feels we will be more than pleased. Install is this Saturday so I will post later about the final results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We just had the new mount installed this weekend along with our new audio system and AV components. We did end up choosing the Sanus XF228 Full Motion Mount and are very pleased with its sturdy construction and features.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
83 Posts
LMALM--Great pic's. Thanks for the info. Really helped me out. I'm in a similar position as I want an articulating mount and need to buy and install it over the next few days for my Pioneer PRO151 60" w/speakers expedited delivery late this week/early next week. Now that's I've seen your pictures, they really instilled alot more confidence in me towards buying one of these mounts. I'm actually looking at a Chief mount which is comparable.

Thanks and congrat's on a beautiful house and beautiful set-up !!! Very classy.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
LMALM - Great looking setup how high is your tv off of the floor?

Allen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drewg350: Thanks for the comments! I don't think you can go wrong with the Chief mounts. I have heard many good things about them. The Sanus FX228 certainly looks like it will do the job for us even though it is officially rated only up to 63" TV. It is SO much more substantial than my original Omnimount OL200FT. We did have it professionally installed though by the guys doing our TV calibration and sound system install. You will definitely need extra pairs of hands to get the TV on the wall and then to support the TV as the many motion features are adjusted and tightened down to your preference. Wiring the cables into the mount takes a little patience too. But once done right with the needed amount of slack, labeling and bundling together you should not have to fool with them again.

Here is a better pic showing the wiring from the other side.

DekPM19: It is now 33.5 inches from the floor to bottom of the TV and 70.5 inches from floor to top of TV. My console is 29 inches tall so that gives us just over 4 inches space before we start running into the bottom of the TV. I actually forgot about the Sennheiser Headset which sits 9 inches high when on its charger, but I really did not want to raise the TV level that much to accomodate it, so for now the headset is sitting on the floor. We definitely prefer this lower position of the TV to what it was with the original mount. Much more comfortable viewing and a better fit esthetically also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you are paying over $300 for a mount, then I strongly suggest you look into the X-arm which can be had for $550 shipped.

I have my 65V10 on it. it is very stable and working great. and the best, I can sit on my viewing point and adjust the mount with my remote. so I will never need to guess if the angel is right or anything. the only downside is the cable management is not very well designed which gave me a big headache when I was installing.

I also have the monoprice $80 mount and my 508UK is on it. It is a very good mount but a bit tough to adjust the angel and extend it out from the wall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.