AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
93,222 Posts
Best would be subjective based on the EQ system you prefer to use:

Denon (XT32): X5200W, X7200W
Marantz (XT32): SR7009, AV7702 (pre/pro), AV8802 (pre/pro)
Onkyo (AccuEQ): NR1030, NR3030
Yamaha (YPAO): RX A3040
Pioneer: no models capable of 11CH processing (ie. maxed at 9CH)

Note: With the exception of the Onkyo NR3030, the other Atmos models listed simply need to add a 2CH external amp to expand to 11CH processing.

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Only the Onkyo 3030 will do 7.1.4 without an external amp.
This, the Onkyo is the only 11 ch. avr, the others only have 9, and require a seperate amp for 7.2.4!:cool: Im still surprised for the price of the denon 7200 its only 9 ch!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Best would be subjective based on the EQ system you prefer to use:

Denon (XT32): X5200W, X7200W
Marantz (XT32): SR7009, AV7702, AV8802
Onkyo (AccuEQ): NR1030, NR3030
Yamaha (YPAO): RX A3040
Pioneer: no models capable of 11CH processing (ie. maxed at 9CH)

Note: With the exception of the Onkyo NR3030, the other Atmos models listed simply need to add a 2CH external amp to expand to 11CH processing
Say what now??
Those 2 need more than 2 ch ext amp!

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I will be using 2 of the 15" earthquake supernova's and they have there own power so will I still need external 2 channel amp for all the model exc onkyo?
I wouldn't make a decision till after the information comes out from DTS. I know your focus/thread is on Atmos...but knowing which (if any) of the current Atmos receivers will or can offer an DTS:X upgrade maybe of benefit to you (in the long run).

DTS has pushed back their announcement till April 9th (how much and what details will be given on the 9th is unknown).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't make a decision till after the information comes out from DTS. I know your focus/thread is on Atmos...but knowing which (if any) of the current Atmos receivers will or can offer an DTS:X upgrade maybe of benefit to you (in the long run).

DTS has pushed back their announcement till April 9th (how much and what details will be given on the 9th is unknown).
That's good advise will wait to see, thank you

·
Registered
20,991 Posts
This, the Onkyo is the only 11 ch. avr, the others only have 9, and require a seperate amp for 7.2.4!:cool: Im still surprised for the price of the denon 7200 its only 9 ch!:rolleyes:
Sign up for Emotiva's sales emails, and pick up an XPA 200 2 channel amp for your main L / R speakers. That's what I did with my Denon 4520 for 11 channels. I have more power than I know what to do with ! :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Sign up for Emotiva's sales emails, and pick up an XPA 200 2 channel amp for your main L / R speakers. That's what I did with my Denon 4520 for 11 channels. I have more power than I know what to do with ! :)
I already have a Audiosource Amp 110, for my 2nd Zone inceiling speakers on terminal A...;) Its has A/B speaker terminals, so if I decide to go 7.1.2. I can just put a pair of overhead inceilings on post B, for Atmos content on my Denon 4100.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
What's the rush. There's only 4 or 5 Atmos movies available and they're all terrible. The format is likely to change before it's widely adopted and the speaker layout is also incompatible with the Auro 3D standard. Better off letting this all sort itself out before rushing to make the change.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
^
Damn Razzies. Another helpful and factual (not) post, a thousand and counting? :rolleyes:
The only reason to wait is to see what DTS has to say in a few days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts