AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all;

I really like your forums, I feel it is full of information.

I am currently installing some pipes in my new home theatre. I will have some high end equipment such as the Denon 3312. I need the best wires. The room dimensions is not so big (5x5 or so...). While installing the pipes I realized that after pulling the cables, one of the speakers would need around 27 meters of cable! I am also using aroun 1inch pipes.

I am trying to think out for other options, but I am running out of time since my wedding is on the 9th os September!

Lets say I couldn't find some 'constructional' work-around, in the worst case scenario, what kind of speaker cables (good ones) will deliver the sound in highest possible quality?

I am not so good with speaker cables, I have read a lot of information in some short time (however just theory). I need to know if this is possible, and if so, would I be able to install four of the suggested cable into the one inch pipe.

thanks in advance!

Note: someone told me that I should not buy any cable that is less than 12 gauge. I would appreciate if any one can point me out to a specific cable rather than all this technical wording (volts, amps, gauge) - it sometimes can feel chinese!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
27 meters (90 feet) is a pretty long way to run speakers at 8-ohms or so.

Are these distances just for the surrounds or something? If so, you might want to see if your receiver would allow you to run pre-amp outputs of those channels, and put a separate "black box" (stand-alone) amplifier nearer to the speakers. You'd likely need to use balanced line-level audio at that distance, too.

Have you contacted Denon? They may have a suggestion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ratman,

Thanks for the link. How do I know what is my ohm load?

Kenglish,

Actually I have my Denon 3312 receiver at the back. The back and surround speakers are ok. I have not contacted Denon. The distance is not actually far. However, because the pulling of the cable (goes up and down, up and down, etc).

For me: worst case scenario, I'll just pass the cables under a thick comfortable carpet all the way to the three front speakers and will never notice them. However, I do prefer pulling the cable with that distance in that wall, given that I have already installed the pipes in the wall (break and repair). Also, I till look neater and it will be also more reasonable and practical that way, obviously..

Appreciate your help.

Note: I have not purchased the reciever yet, I can still go ahead and buy another reciever.

Note: I just googled and found that the Denon 3312 offers 8 ohms, so according to roger russel if I buy 12 gauge cable (with my selected 8 ohms reciever) it can reach a maximum distance of 120 feet (36 meters). Correct
?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anybody knows if there are special adaptors for the wires that go into an old Pioneer Plasma PDP RO4U 40" TV. I have wires with jacks currently running behind the wall but can't get the special HDMI cable that came with the TV behind the wall. Ideally I could attach the cable to the existing cables and have another adaptor at the other end to plug into the monitor itself. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Ratman, your links certainly educated me!!!!!!!!

Reading through all the above, I think I am so close into ordering:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

Because the over all distance of all my 7 speakers is about 135 meters.

I hope there will not be sound out of sync, considering one speaker will be at 4 meter distance (back surround) and front speakers will be at 27 meter wire distance!

·
Registered
23,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser Salem
I hope there will not be sound out of sync, considering one speaker will be at 4 meter distance (back surround) and front speakers will be at 27 meter wire distance!
No problem at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot Ratman.

I was tempted to buy some monster cables, assuming it is the best. But it seems that is not necessarily true.

I hope the one inch pipe will fit three of the above cables. I think the dimensions will be ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Conductor resistance (20 ℃) Max: 5.43Ω/KM

Insulation resistance (20 ℃) Min: 0.75Ω/KM

Does this mean if the temperature of the walls go over 20 degrees the cable will go faulty :O !

I live in Qatar, ie hot weather, plus I do not like to set my room temperature ( with ac's) to be below 23 degrees Celsius, i freeze at that temperature!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser Salem /forum/post/20905187

Conductor resistance (20 ℃) Max: 5.43Ω/KM

Insulation resistance (20 ℃) Min: 0.75Ω/KM

Does this mean if the temperature of the walls go over 20 degrees the cable will go faulty :O !

I live in Qatar, ie hot weather, plus I do not like to set my room temperature ( with ac's) to be below 23 degrees Celsius, i freeze at that temperature!

(20 ℃) is the just standard temperature for many lab tests. All copper wire changes resistance (very slowly) with temperature at the same rate.

If the temperature gets above (60 ℃) you can start to worry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.