AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been searching and searching and mymind changes everyday i read on here - help! i searched this same topic but nothing i found was current enough to be valid.

i am replacing a 32" olevia which had a very good picture but i didnt like much else about it. one thing that drove me crazy was the lag - and by that i mean changing channels was fustrating slow and jumpy if that makes sense. also i watch videos on my pc sometimes and i never got the picture to fill the screen perfectly (hdmi from pc->tv).

i am looking to spend under 700 hopefully closer to 600 on a 42" or even a 40" if the right model comes along.

i dont mind buying online but somthing like this is always nice to be able to return directly to the store if theres a problem.

i looked at the current walmart 42" vizio and it was nice, only 2 things i didnt like, the whites seemed more yellow compared to the sanyo? next to it, i messed with the color temp but still noticed it. it did look sharper though. that and the lit up logo under the screen, not sure if i could live with that or not. definently not ruling on the vizio though. i was also looking into a 40" toshiba at ulitmate electronics for around 600. i like the panasonic on bestbuys site but its 699 before tax and i hate best buy!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Got the 42LH20 (one step down 720p) and it's an excellent TV. I woudl have gone with a 1080p but the price on the 720p was stupid for a 42" LCD TV ($450) and I had to get it

·
Registered
23 Posts
frys has that same tv for 549 with free shipping and possibly no tax.

I purchased this TV but then cancelled it after I found out about the panel problem. The newly manufactured models have an AUO panel instead of an IPS panel which is much more favorable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny i just read that on slickdeals

i found a hitachi which is a brand i like and owned in the past, but its 599+70 shipping and thers only one left in stock (2 earlier today) and i havent had enough time to reasearch it. wish i could find more hitachi or panasonic on bing shopping

any suggestions?

·
Registered
191 Posts
BB has a Samsung LN40B530 for $714..I have the LN40A530 (2008) its been a awesome set..There are some excellent settings posted for it in this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts