AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am developing a whole house system and wanted some ideas on what you all thought may be the best value in a ceiling speaker. I would like to maximize the bass and would love to get an effect similar to my computer klipsch thx promedia 2.1 system with subwoofer and two small sat speakers. I know I wont have sub, but would like to get the closet thing to having a sub. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
i could use an answer to this question as well...

i have initially chosen the boston acoustics dsi series for all my ceiling installs - in fact that is whats scheduled to be installed.... but i think their may be a much more economical approach with a satisfactory sound quality....

looking forward to hearing others opinions on this.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
My builder put in Sonance in-ceiling speakers for my whole house audio. I have them in the study, dining room, bathrooms, bedrooms. They seem to be fine speakers for background noise, but there certainly is no bass effect to speak of. I installed in-wall/ceiling speakers for my HT room. I chose Speakercraft mostly because the price fit within my budget and I was able to listen to them driven by the Receiver I bought. The speakers certainly sound "ok", but a sub really is required. Several Mfr's make in-ceiling subs so you should investigate that for rooms that you really want to have the bass (Speakercraft does). PM if you want to discuss more.

Alien, I have not seen if you have a separate post (I saw the one in Projectors), but for your new HT room, be certain to run 2" PVC conduit to allow the ability to pull new/different cables in the future. I did not have a DVI cable installed initially and just got lucky that I was able to pull it myself to the projector.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm finishing up my home renovation and have Pinnacle throughout. I also have Pinnacle kevlar speakers for the surrounds and rears in my family room/HT.

They were recommended by my installer and the prices were very reasonable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i am beginning to think the Boston Acoustics are way too expensive for in house sound....maybe okay for HT.....

i cant get 2" pvc in place... my components are mounted in parallel with the joists so i may try to run a 2" piece of flexible conduit to the area....

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I recently installed a pair of NXG technology NX-PRO103C ceiling speakers in a 7.1 system. 3-way speakers with 10" woofer, frequency response down to 28 Hz. I am fairly new to the home theater thing, so I haven't heard a lot of speakers for comparison, but I'm very happy with the musical clarity and bass response.

Available at HiFiforLess (can't post the link as this is my first post).

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Rear L/R. I have an awkward room, so the placement is less than ideal, but they're about 12' back of my listening area and about 8' up. Nonetheless, I am quite happy with the sound they provide.

Greg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.