AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a bedroom and I need to buy something today. I was putting it off thinking the new Vizio would come out, but having issues with them before I would probably just buy something more mainstream. I have a Samsung older 8000 led which is really nice.

The Siny is priced around $2500 and really don't want to pay up for 4k as I think it will be 18 months before we can really take advantage of it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
If you can go bigger the Samsung 75F6400 is now on sale for $3000 as a close out. I paid $4k for it and love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have seen the Sony 70w850, and far outperforms the 75f6400 in terms of pq. The new interface is quite nice as well. If pq is priority go with the Sony, if size then that Sammy is an option

·
Registered
767 Posts
70" for the bedroom, holy cow!

Since my Sammy 58" died I'm using my 37" from the bedroom in the family room until I decide what to buy.

The TV I'm currently using in the bedroom is a 13", lol.

To be nosy, I'd be curious why you want that big of a TV, good luck on your search.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24  /t/1525476/best-bang-for-the-buck-f...ng-the-new-sony-850b-hmmm/0_100#post_24565063

70" for the bedroom, holy cow!

Since my Sammy 58" died I'm using my 37" from the bedroom in the family room until I decide what to buy.

The TV I'm currently using in the bedroom is a 13", lol.

To be nosy, I'd be curious why you want that big of a TV, good luck on your search.

It's a loft with tall ceilings and I have a 100" fireplace below it. So trying to size it accordingly. My 55" looks strangely small and 80" looks too big. 65-70 would look good.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Makes sense to me. Sounds like a cool place.

Reactions: rastargate

·
Registered
2 Posts
not to reduce the quality of the thread here but does anyone take issue with the vizio razor e series 70"? i want to put it in my living room where there is rarely low light anyway. it looks good enough to me for an edge lit in the store. i'll be watching it from the kitchen more often anyway. anybody know of a good reason to wait a month or two?

·
Registered
988 Posts
not to reduce the quality of the thread here but does anyone take issue with the vizio razor e series 70"? i want to put it in my living room where there is rarely low light anyway. it looks good enough to me for an edge lit in the store. i'll be watching it from the kitchen more often anyway. anybody know of a good reason to wait a month or two?
The new 70" E series just came out and is available at WalMart and other fine retailers. It is quite a bit different than last year's 70" E series because it is backlit rather than edgelit. It seems to be a great deal for $1500.

Make sure you confirm the Model #: E700i-B3 is the new one.

The old 70" edge lit one from last year had a terrible defect that would cause bright white burn-through spots as it aged. EVERY ONE of the them I've seen on display (and the 70" Sharp that used the same panel) had this problem. Every. Single. One. So make sure you don't get the E701i-A3. That's the bad one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new 70" E series just came out and is available at WalMart and other fine retailers. It is quite a bit different than last year's 70" E series because it is backlit rather than edgelit. It seems to be a great deal for $1500.

Make sure you confirm the Model #: E700i-B3 is the new one.

The old 70" edge lit one from last year had a terrible defect that would cause bright white burn-through spots as it aged. EVERY ONE of the them I've seen on display (and the 70" Sharp that used the same panel) had this problem. Every. Single. One. So make sure you don't get the E701i-A3. That's the bad one.
Thank you sir.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts