AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a projector within the next couple of months not sure about what screen to go with. im looking to get the best possible screen in my price range($300-600). the 3 projectors im currently looking at are
EPSON

JVC

HD250PRO

please help me out with some and should i get a grey or reg white one im a bit confused. my throw distance is 10.5ft and i will be seating 10ft away. walls are painted dark grey. what size?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am looking similarly as you. I've ruled out the 8350, because most people believe there's no contest in black level with the 8700. I'm willing to spend more for the 8700 for the better blacks. So I'm down to either the 8700, 9700, or the JVC 250.

For screens, I'm leaning towards either Elite, Monoprice, or Jamestown. Hear good things about all three I'd like to know if people ever compared them and why they chose one over the others.

My room is 13x25x8. Throw distance is 12ft. Viewing distance is 10ft.

Have Goldenear setup with Tritons as fronts. I have Panny 310 and Onkyo TX-NR809. Deep sub is SVS PB13 Ultra.

·
Registered
140 Posts
HD250 is the projector I went with. Best bang for the buck? For me it was a DIY Piece of Wilsonart Formica. The picture is near plasma quality, and I built and installed it for less than $100!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm going with Elite....IMO, the best bang for the buck. I'm getting a screen sample from them through Visual Apex. Their 'cinewhite' is rated at a gain of 1.1, which will match nicely with my JVC RS20. My target size (or what will fit in my space) is a 2.35:1 115" diagonal. Visual Apex, one of our sponsors, has the best price that I can find on the net. $299 plus 60 shipping plus 35 tax = $395 to my door

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2075 /forum/post/0

sounds like u got a kool setup. how do u like the tritons? u have 3 for ur front sounds stage?

I just have 2 Tritons. My center is a Thiel MCS1. I tried the SS50, but found it was not as full body sound as my Thiel. I hope they will come out with a bigger more substantial center.

·
Registered
959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/20905949

I'm going with Elite....IMO, the best bang for the buck. I'm getting a screen sample from them through Visual Apex. Their 'cinewhite' is rated at a gain of 1.1, which will match nicely with my JVC RS20. My target size (or what will fit in my space) is a 2.35:1 115" diagonal. Visual Apex, one of our sponsors, has the best price that I can find on the net. $299 plus 60 shipping plus 35 tax = $395 to my door

That's a good price on that screen. Too bad I can't find it at the price right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.