AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a portable project that must also be battery powered for presentations. I would like to be able to use it for outdoor movies at night if possible. I'm thinking that the aaxa p300 might fit the bill, but am looking at all options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am looking for a portable project that must also be battery powered for presentations. I would like to be able to use it for outdoor movies at night if possible. I'm thinking that the aaxa p300 might fit the bill, but am looking at all options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Any reviews of the AAXA M4?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
All previous testing that I've seen with battery powered units has been pretty similar. They start with projectors which are rated at one power level - say 300 lumens. In reality, they find that the projector only delivers about 150 lumens. Then, in battery mode, it drops down to about 75 lumens.

In a 'business' presentation, under normal fluorescent lighting, you need about 50 lumens per square FOOT of screen space. So, you get about a 20" diagonal from these portable models from a typical setup.

They aren't bright enough for solid business presentations. Especially considering that there are brand new inexpensive business models which push out a couple thousand lumens for around the same price.

Now, the battery option and the 800 lumen rating go nicely together, if you can actually get the claimed 90 minutes from the battery while at full brightness, and it comes close to the claimed specifications.

But, I would not bet on one of those things being the case.

Still, AAXA is one of the better companies out there with a longer history than some of the others and their focus has been on the LED/Pico/Micro market for quite a while. It certainly is the most likely one to come closest to delivering on their promise. It would just be nice if they got their products into the hands of serious review sites a lot sooner so their product could be put to the test in a more unbiased situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any reviews of the AAXA M4?
The AAXA M4 isn't a bad choice for the price considering you're getting the portability and a good amount of features. 90 minutes is plenty of juice for a presentation but not quite enough for most movies but if you're using it at home you'll have access an outlet anyways.
Someone did a comparison of the AAXA M4 Mobil LED projector to an Epson EX3220 3LCD Projector. The quality looks alright to me.

AV_Integrated has a valid point regarding the fluorescent lighting but I'm sure you can get around it by dimming the lights if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts