AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have friends and neighbors over to my house, I want to put in a blu-ray movie and pick out one scene and play it real loud so that they are extremely impressed with my system and they will rave how jealous they are of me. In the old days (with just a dvd player and a lower quality receiver) I would stick in Starship Troopers and play the "Someone made a big mistake" scene - which is the planet invasion. I would play it so loud it would almost make the windows melt. My neighbors and friends were extremely jealous - just the way I loved it.

So now that I have a PS3 blu-ray player and a new receiver, I need a great blu-ray movie scene that can kick audio-butt!

So what can you recommend to me?

You understand that I am not looking for great audio quality, don't you? I am looking for dazzling sound. For instance, Ratatouille, because it has uncompressed audio, might have excellent audio integrity, but there is no scene in the movie that I can play that will sound-wise blow people away.

The only one movie scene I have played so far that sounds promising is any of the 3 depth charge scenes in U-571.

So, please help me out.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The opening scene of Master and Commander. Strongest, clearest sound I've ever heard in a movie. I was ducking in my family room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.