AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a big fan of the LG blu-ray players in that price range, and at that price point it depends on what you are looking for. They all offer a slew of online media playback options, netflix, pandora, hulu ect but there a few compromises to be made.

The LG BD650 offers 3D playback but requires a hardwired internet connection @ $110

The LG BD640 has no 3D but has wireless (WiFi) internet connectivity @ $123

If you want both 3D and wireless you'd be hard to be beat the LG BD670 as far as feature set for the money, but it's a little out of your price range at around $160.

I own the BD650 and love it, just my two cents

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still stand my my recommendations. In all honesty, with the digital nature of modern media, I imagine most people with most setups couldn't tell one $100 blu-ray player from the next. Maybe with $1000's of dollars worth of high end gear or with high dollar test equipment, but if you have these things then you're probably not buying a $100 blu-ray player. LG has great service, FW's seem to stay current, the discs load as fast or faster then any player I have played with. Picture and sound are great and I am very pleased with mine. LG was an early pioneer in blu-ray players, their BD370/390 were almost legendary in their price range and I feel the quality is still there in the updated models. Someone else is welcome to disagree, but this has been my experience.

·
Premium Member
26,449 Posts
I'm going to lock this thread vs merging it with the proper place for it...see the sticky titled, "help me chose a BR player". You'll want to take your question to that thread. If I merged it, the current answers given may get lost in the shuffle, since the merged posts would be listed by time stamp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.