AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-141FD monitor. What is the best currently available (under $1,000) blu ray player for that display? It will be played though the HDMI path of my Integra receiver. I want fast start-up time and the best picture that I can get on the 141FD (from Blu Ray and std. def DVDs). Is Oppo a clear winner? Should I stick with Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD? Sony? Sony Play Station?

Thanks,

Lew

·
Registered
948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew L /forum/post/17017542

I just bought a new Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-141FD monitor. What is the best currently available (under $1,000) blu ray player for that display? It will be played though the HDMI path of my Integra receiver. I want fast start-up time and the best picture that I can get on the 141FD (from Blu Ray and std. def DVDs). Is Oppo a clear winner? Should I stick with Pioneer Elite? Sony? Sony Play Station?

Thanks,

Lew

IMO,the OPPO BD-83..

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
the Oppo BDP-83 should work great with your Pro141.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Yep, the Oppo BDP-83 for best PQ and probably AQ with are 141s.

Check out this link for ISF night settings for the 141 and BDP-83

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post14507494

If you get the oppo, the only update to those settings would be HDMI Color Space YCbCr 4:2:2

ss

·
Registered
358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic /forum/post/17018787

What's better about the PQ of the OPPO vs., say a Panasonic BD-35? Just curious.

I have the same question (as well as compared to any other BD player). Yes, the OPPO would have superior up-scaling of SD but I doubt you would see much if any improvement of a high-def picture compared to any other BD player. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglass /forum/post/17018493

What are your thoughts with reguard to the Pioneer Elite BDR-09FD? will it surpass the Oppo BDP-83?

I was wondering the same thing. With these awesome monitors, is there any reason to spend $1600 on a Blu Ray player, or will it be indistinguishable from a $500 player? (Or will it be especially distinguishable when matched to a 141?) Is there any benefit of matching an Elite BDP (whether its the BDP-23FD or the BDP-09FD) to an Elite monitor (I am using a non-Pioneer remote). Is the Kuro link worth it (especially if being passed through an Integra 7.8 receiver).

I know that this thread should probably be in one of the BDP forums, but I wanted to it to be focused on performance with the 141 monitor.

Thanks,

Lew

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew L /forum/post/17036307

I know that this thread should probably be in one of the BDP forums, but I wanted to it to be focused on performance with the 141 monitor.

There's nothing special about a 9G Kuro in this context that would apply to any quality Blu-ray player.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.