AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal. I am buying a new home and need to put the best system I can in a little space. I have attached a picture of the wall space that I am using. The TV in the pic (not mine - previous owner) is a 60". I was hoping to use the Klipsch RF-7 II's but it doesn't appear that they will fit. Anyway, it appears that I am going to need to use bookshelves and maybe mount the tv up on the wall a bit so I can get the speaker base over the light switch. Worst case scenario I will have to relocated the switch to either the backside of the wall or closer to the corner. The room is 20x16 w/ 20' ceilings.

Here is what I am looking for. The best 5.1 setup I can get for

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I am not sure how you are going to do 5.1 in that space. You may want to consider 2.1...

·
Banned
431 Posts
I think you need to go listen for yourself. Paradigm, B&W, Monitor Audio plus others are all good brands but everyone has their personal preference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of the brands you mentioned I can only listen to the BW. I can also listen to Polk and Klipsch at the local store.

·
Registered
19,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvedepo  /t/1520869/best-bookshelf-setup-for-the-price#post_24436034

Of the brands you mentioned I can only listen to the BW. I can also listen to Polk and Klipsch at the local store.

That is why and also it is best, to do an in home trial period - most online sellers give you a 30

day trial period. I would keep Monitor Audio on a short list. They can do both HT and Music.

·
Banned
431 Posts
The online companies are good about returns, I did that. A couple of local dealers were great about letting me taking them home and try them too. They took my credit card info but never charged them. Places like Best Buy you'll have to buy them and return them. There is no Paradigm or Monitor Audio dealers near you? I don't think those are sold on the internet. I had to travel a bit (2 hrs max but most within an hour) to look at some of the speakers I was considering.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts