AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It all depends, are you okay with getting used speakers or if you are demanding something brand new??

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
What do you think? Pairing with a Yamaha RX-V675.
From the ones I have heard, my pick is still Ascend 170SE if new. If used, you might be able to score some sweet deals too.

Reactions: ggilman

·
Registered
3,526 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The Ascend 170se's are great speakers as well. FWIW, the Wave Crest HVL-1's and the 170's were designed by the same guy who happens to know a thing or two about speaker design I have heard :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Check your local craigslist listing, audiogon, avsforum for sale forum, us audio mart, even ebay..

You could get a pair of speakers with original msrp around $1000 - $1500 for around $400 - $500..

For example, a few pair of the Ascend Sierra-1 recently sold for $450 here and I have seen Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand for about $400 too..

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
check out a pair of the Behringer Truth for sale in the sale section here. I have read good things about them. A smaller sized speaker that blew me away at an Audio show I attended was the Silverline Minuet. Check out some the reviews on them and see about finding a pair used.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My vote goes to the Chane A1rx-c as hands down the best sub $400 (new) speaker out there. I know the Wavecrests get lots of love but I haven't heard them so I can't say one way or the other. I have heard the Chane speakers and they are awesome and definitely punch way above their weight.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts