AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade from my Boston Acoutsics CR6`s,CR9`s and CR1. Can only be bookshelf and would be nice to go 7.1 but 5.1 for now will do. What do you guys suggest is the speakers to look at that will give the best HT sound? Music is a non issue....i have a Velodyne cht-15 sub that still pounds so that is not an issue unless I can somehow sell it for a decent price. So just speakers and around 1000-1500$ for the lot....Can it be done!?!?!?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
What are you hoping to gain from what you have now? It seems to me that the boston's you have should be fine from a HT or music point of view.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that might be the case then. I want to get better sound. Are you saying that I wont achive this? Maybe some minor upgrades will do me good? Then what per say is the difference in the majority of these speakers? Is it strictly a music thing?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Speakers are subjective. A good package would be the Epos line in that price range. The Els3 go down to 65hz and have an amazing mid bass punch without the xover being juiced. They are Stereophile reviewed and recommended.

The ELS3 are 329.00 a pair(get 2 pair for 5, 3 for 7), center is 349.00. Which comes to 1147.00 for 5 channels, 1546.00 for 7 channels.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts