AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a projector but I'm looking to do so on a budget. This will mainly be used for watching Xvids and DVDs, so 720p is nice, but not strictly necessary. 480p should do just fine unless I got an Xbox 360 and I mostly just do computer gaming. Light can be controlled.

I'm looking at the Lumenlab projectors - but there isn't a whole lot about them online. But supposedly, the bulb replacement cost is -really- cheap.

I'm hoping for at least three years between bulb replacements.

What would you recommend?

-- Brian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I understand there's a ban on Costco pricing - but I am a member. I don't know why this ban exists, but if possible I'd like to get the projector there. Feel free to school me on why this is a bad idea.

Here's a couple models I'm looking at:

Optoma EP706

Optoma H27

Toshiba TDP-S35U

·
Registered
935 Posts
DVDs look great on the IN72. For the price, it simply can't be beat. But for a few Benjamins more, the HD70 and HD1000 are fantastic bargains. Pick the one that best fits your needs and budget, and you will not be unhappy. Enjoy.

Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive been a long time Infocus X1a user and recently went to the HD70 and Im pretty happy with it, really a great unit for the money.

I would also say the IN72 is a great value but, as said before if you can save just a bit more dough the Optima is a much better choice.

Can anyone fill us in on why there is a Costco ban here ?

Im guessing its just part of whole no sales in this section rule ?

It would be nice if there was an explanation in the Costco thread though

·
Banned
65 Posts
Umm My experience with an Optoma HD72 side by side with a IN72 for standard DVD. The IN72 wins. Better blacks, No scaleing but more noticable SD but overall a better picture for standard DVD. HD the HD72 wins but when price is considered ($2000 for the Optoma at the time -5 months ago) and $450 for the IN72. It was a no brainier. At least for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.