AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said they don't carry it because Samsung took it off their shelves because of complaints. However, circuit city carries it but they would have to special order it for me. Have you guys heard of any of this? I just bought a HCN653W a couple weeks ago and I was wanting to get the HLN617W.

What about screen sizes between the 50 and 61, do they have anything like that? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
366 Posts
there is a 56", the HLN567W, which I think is targeted more towards 'specialty retailers' such as Tweeter (in my area at least).

·
Registered
949 Posts
Best Buy NEVER carried it. We have a SKU# for it in our computer in the hopes that we would be capable of carrying it. This never panned out and a few *geniuses* kept telling people that we'd get it. This occurred at just about every store around the country. I kept insisting that until an order was placed with Samsung, they should keep their mouths shut. Needless to say, look at all the people who think we'll get them now. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but until there is an announcement otherwise I wouldn't count on Best Buy getting the 61" DLP.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think the bezel around the screen is different for the 'xx65' and 'xx7' series, and the 'xx65' is positioned more towards the so-called lower end, though the internals use the same parts.

There may also have been some difference in how the firmware/upgrade was handled but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Several people have been looking for info on this set.

How do you like it?

PQ and features working as expected?

How does a standard cable or Directv picture look?

Stretch modes look good?

HDTV quality?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - WPS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stretch modes look good. I'd say i'm stuck with it now since BB won't take it back. Long story. Standard direct tv looks good, and HDTV is well, HDTV. I like the tv, but I think the remote sucks. I believe they send the same remote for the DLP's also. It isn't exactly cutting edge. It doesn't even have the essential buttons for direct tv...like Guide.

What sold me on this TV is that it has the least glare out of all the other projections that I looked at: Sony, RCA, Toshiba, Mitsu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.