AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1 /forum/post/0

The selected titles are all Buena Vista/Disney, and yet Black Rain is on their list. Huh?

Yeah that's weird. Wish they included all Paramount titles. Then I could make use of this deal since the only 3 titles I want that are out are all Paramount discs.

· Registered
61 Posts
Best Buy is outrageous in their pricing. Granted they are charging the MSRP but why bother when I can go to Walmart or Fry's and get the same exact movie for $3-5 less everyday.

They still have Planet Earth priced at $99.99 and Fry's has it everyday for $69.99.

The last time I bought BD's at Best Buy was when they had the "buy 1 get one free" offer and still have to pay $29.99 for "Into The Blue".

True, they will price match (if it's on sale and you have the ad) but why should I have to inconvenience myself when I can just go down the street.

· Registered
433 Posts
It's not just Amazon. Fry's is consistently $5 to $10 cheaper than Best Buy.

I don't know what Best Buy supposedly offers anymore. They don't have the best prices, and they damn sure don't have the best service.

· Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylisJayP /forum/post/0

Does Best Buy not understand that people online know what Amazon is?

They know people online generally arent very smart and/or representative of the general public. I sell many BDs and HDs on ebay and sold about 6 Smokin aces when it came out for 24.49 plus 4.50 shipping for a total of 29.99. They were 19.96 at my local walmart. That shows me right there how lazy and/or not smart many people on the internet are.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Prices work out to 2 for $25 each or 3 for $23 each (plus tax)

It's a bit more expensive than amazon, but you don't have to wait for the "free super snail shipping".

Note that enemy of the state, chicken little, gone in 60 seconds, jay & silent bob, invincible, glory road all qualify for the ps3's $10 rebate coupons.

In other words, if you use the ps3 rebates, you could get 2 movies for $15 each or 3 movies for $13 each

· Registered
2,362 Posts
I always PriceMatch someone else at Best Buy, then I collect my points as well. Plus I use their CC, so I end up getting a lot of discs FREE!!!

· Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS /forum/post/0

I always PriceMatch someone else at Best Buy, then I collect my points as well. Plus I use their CC, so I end up getting a lot of discs FREE!!!

Yeah PMing at BB is awesom especially when they have promos. I got a little Aston when I bought CR.

· Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunsojr /forum/post/0

Does BB match Amazon prices and other online stores?

They do not price match "internet only" retailers or local retailers who do not honor their own online prices (such as Best Buy or Fry's
).

Target's online store is through Amazon and their pricing is the same. I saved $30 on a DVD box-set by telling them the Target price.

· Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunsojr /forum/post/0

Do you need to print something out to show them the price? Or do you just tell the cashier that you found a cheaper price at Target and they take your word for it?

Depends on which person you go to.

Recently I just went to the customer service counter and asked about what I needed to price match this DVD box-set I had because Target and Walmart had it for $30 less. She just had me verify the price. It looked like she had it already on their system. No proof needed.

But once I had to pay full price for a game then go next door to Circuit City to get a copy of their ad and bring it back to BB for a refund.

· Banned
1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforce8686 /forum/post/0

They know people online generally arent very smart and/or representative of the general public. I sell many BDs and HDs on ebay and sold about 6 Smokin aces when it came out for 24.49 plus 4.50 shipping for a total of 29.99. They were 19.96 at my local walmart. That shows me right there how lazy and/or not smart many people on the internet are.

Well, I actually think the opposite is true. The internet shopper is much more savvy. I find that many online shoppers, especially AVS Forum members, take advantage and disseminate information about discounts and promotions at both online and B & M retailers. Some of these promotions like Warner's recent discount codes enabled me to buy titles at just $14.36. I learned about Fry's Electronics' and Best Buy's 2-4-1 sales from AVS Forum. Most of my Blu-rays were purchased for less than $15.00 and many were for $10.00. Just last week someone alerted AVS mmembers to a Fry's Electronics promotion that enabled me and others to score a number of Blu-ray discs at just $13.33 each. Amazon's 10% discount allows me to buy the majority of new releases for $17.95 to $21.55 which is a $2-$10 savings over most B & M retailers. Plus, I avoid paying tax.

Your eBay price for Smokin Aces was actually cheaper than Walmart's price for the HD DVD. If you saw it for $19.96, your store had it mispriced. The HD DVD version of Smokin Aces is actually $29.96. After tax, the total price is around $32. So at $29.99 you offered someone a better deal.

Online shopping isn't lazy, it is just plain smart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.