AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23192680


ok, thanks. Still showing $399.98 online at bestbuy.com.
As has been stated NUMEROUS?US times. IN store ONLY. Bought two from two different stores in Indiana $199 each, no luck finding the $99 BDP-52's though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23192717


As has been stated NUMEROUS?US times. IN store ONLY. Bought two from two different stores in Indiana $199 each, no luck finding the $99 BDP-52's though...

I was able to grab an open box BDP-52 for 80.00:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23192449


Picked up one this morning to go with my 1522

I did as well. Just an insane combination for $800.


...and if you're as OCD as I am, you can convert your SC-1522-K to an SC-65 to match your BDP-62FD for ~$130 for the front panel, outer door panel, door and LCD from pacparts.com.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23195733


I did as well. Just an insane combination for $800.


...and if you're as OCD as I am, you can convert your SC-1522-K to an SC-65 to match your BDP-62FD for ~$130 for the front panel, outer door panel, door and LCD from pacparts.com.
that's cool!


give us some part numbers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23196663


that's cool!


give us some part numbers!

From the email I received,


The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.


You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.




...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23196847


From the email I received,


The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.


You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.




...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.

Sorry dude ... that is just nuts ... but good for you. I would love to see the finished Franken-neer. Please post pics.


Seriously -- that is awesome commitment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23198328


Sorry dude ... that is just nuts ... but good for you. I would love to see the finished Franken-neer. Please post pics.


Seriously -- that is awesome commitment.

Well, I won't be doing it for a bit...


After dropping $1700 on a new LG 60LM7200 (...and then getting $400 back on a pricematch on the last possible day), $600 on the ~$1400 SC-1522-K and $200 on the $400 BDP-62FD (Still can't believe I put together $3700 worth of gear for $2100) the wife's in a bit of sticker shock. So, I'm laying off for a little while. Just thought I'd share the research I'd done for a future project. I haven't even looked into the viability (or wisdom) of dismantling the receiver yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23198705


Well, I won't be doing it for a bit...


After dropping $1700 on a new LG 60LM7200 (...and then getting $400 back on a pricematch on the last possible day), $600 on the ~$1400 SC-1522-K and $200 on the $400 BDP-62FD (Still can't believe I put together $3700 worth of gear for $2100) the wife's in a bit of sticker shock. So, I'm laying off for a little while. Just thought I'd share the research I'd done for a future project. I haven't even looked into the viability (or wisdom) of dismantling the receiver yet.

I can help you with the wisdom -- it's not


Keep in mind -- that receiver is from Costco -- that's like having a great return warranty on top of the normal Pio warranty. All that would be voided if you mess around with it. But if you do it ... I would love to see it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23198839


I can help you with the wisdom -- it's not


Keep in mind -- that receiver is from Costco -- that's like having a great return warranty on top of the normal Pio warranty. All that would be voided if you mess around with it. But if you do it ... I would love to see it.
At my costco, I could bring this receiver back in three years after dropping it off of my roof and in ten thousand pieces an say I was disappointed that it did not survive being thrown off of my roof and they would refund my money. THAT is how awesome my costco is. Changing out a few parts that could be returned to stock? Pretty sure it won't void the awesome return-ability option, but YMMV.

I am only doing the display but will post some pics when i get around to it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf  /t/1467842/best-buy-pioneer-bdp62-for-199-00#post_23196847


From the email I received,


The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.


You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.




...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.


Don't forget the backlit power button as well, if you really want it to be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,221 Posts

I think it would be easier to downgrade the BDP-52 to a non-Elite. 
 Or picking up the Pioneer 150 at Fry's for $129.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
If there were a similar build to the Elites in the standard series, that would've been my preference, as I prefer the white & silver scheme (without the pretentious Elite badge) anyway.


After having them both for a little while, I've decided it really doesn't bug me that much. If my theatre setup weren't so ghetto, it might be more of a bother, but it's fine.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top