AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at the local BestBuys, all the Superbit dvd's were on sale for $9.99. Even the ones that were not marked down on the shelf were ringing up at the sale price. Not sure if this is a national or regional thing, but this deal is too good to pass up since most were marked in the $21-26 range. Needless to say, I picked up one of everything they had.

Edit: Seems that they are on sale on BestBuys internet site as well. A few of the titles are not on sale (Storm Troopers for one).

·
Registered
13 Posts
This deal is available on the BestBuy website now.

I purchased the following online for 9.99 each:

Adaptation

Air Force One

Cliffhanger

Desperado

Dracula

Fifth Element

Guns of Navarone

Lawrence of Arabia

Leon: The Professional

xXx

I already picked these up for 9.99 each at BB B&M:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

S.W.A.T.

Bad Boys

Spiderman

Spiderman II

Mask of Zorro

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually (but not always) the dvd cover is silver with the words SUPERBIT on top. If you look at the pictures of the dvd you should be able to see this. As others have mentioned before, Superbit is a trademark of Sony/Columbia and therefore you will only see it offered on their dvds. Other companies may have transfers that are just as good as SB but are labeled Ultimate or some other marketing term.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Aha.

Leon: the Professional only shows up as part of a two-pack with Subway, at $44.99, and no indication of Superbit, but that seems to be the exception.

I see that all the others I looked up do indicate Superbit covers, and alternate, non-SB versions.

Do you happen to have a link for buying Leon?

-yogaman

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see Leon: The Professional at BB sold seperately. I guess they don't carry that one alone.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Man, how are you finding some of these movies on the BB site? I couldn't find the leon in SB at all until the link was posted... And I still can't find the Dark Crystal SB, Punch Drunk Love SB, Silverado SB, Heavy Metal SB, etc. How can you find them when the search doesn't turn them up?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I picked up a few last night at my local BB.

It was odd to pick the SB version of Black Hawk Down with the two other versions right next to it going at their regular prices.

Anyone has any idea how come they are so cheap?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also wanted to say thanks!! Picked up 26 of them. Some are priced at the sticker price but if you talk to them, they will lower it to the sale price. Don't trust their website. It does not list what is in the stores. I was able to find A Knight's Tale and the Dark Crystal which are not on it.

Richard

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Best Buy is starting to mark these back up to $23 on the new ones coming on the shelf. I have heard rumors that the sale ends on Sept. 3rd in another thread on AVS. They peeled the $9.99 stickers off at my local Best Buy, but were still honoring the online price. This seems to be an unadvertised special that most in the store do not even know about. When in doubt, make sure you have the clerk check the BB online price.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Wow, crazy good deal. They're still $9.99 online, unless it's based on my zip code via cookies or something. Anyway, just ordered eight of them... thanks again!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sweet find. I'm on my way to best buy today to pick up a bunch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.