AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote more than once only if there is a tie for the best.

I just signed up with a new electronics accessories wholesaler (any opinions on DBL?) and I am trying to decide which cables to focus on selling at my video store: These are my choices...

Please vote for the best cables among the choices given, but any additional opinions are also welcome. :)

You guys are a great resource.

Thank you ;)

-Tim

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am sorry but please include some better cable manufacturers. None of the above is really high quality.

I vote for CARDAS Neutral Reference.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Of course as a reseller, the "best" cables are the ones that you can sell.

That said, Acoustic Research cables are one of the very best bargains in audio/HT. They are very well made for the money and hold their own vs cables costing far more. I know, I've put them to the test in multiple blind cable comparisons. I've seen $100-$200 cables with poorer construction and shielding.

Tom B.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Kimber, DiMarzio, Onix, Clou, Clearview, Boulder, MIT, Transparent, Nordos, Cardas....

Um, why are none of those on there...?

HELL, Do your research! Why not simply put everything HERE:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Busi...s/Cables/?tc=1

in the poll as well??

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I probably didn't make clear that those are the only choices my new wholesaler offers. Nonetheless, I am still interested in your opinions. If I can find another wholesaler, I will consider selling any cables priced to sell. I am doing a lot of research of late... Perhaps one of these high quality obscure manufactures would like to distribute directly to me...?

Price is obviously a very important factor since I own a video store and not a high end A/V store...

One more question: the only Acoustic Research cables DBL (my new wholesaler) offers is the performance series. Are these ok? Is there much of a difference with the pro series?

Gluegun, I think if you conducted a "best cables" poll it would be very interesting, since you seem to actually have a clue which choices to enumerate. ;)

Thanks again

-Tim

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think that many of the high-end manufacturers mentioned in the replies are very worthy. I have some of their products but don't use most of them. They are excellent but once you get started maing your own and can make reference products for a fraction of what they retail for, it does not become a hard choice. The ones noted in the poll are generally more geared to the mass market and for those I would look at the quality of the connectors furnished and the price points. The average consumer in looking at those vs. boxed cables is going to be impressed by appearance and longetivity vs. a lot of comparisons the way an audiophile would be. So something that has good connectors and looks more substantial and sounds a bit better than std. stuff would be a good start. I would find it tough to compete against some of those cos. What they offer for the money and name recognition is going to be a hard hill to climb.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your opinions. How about NXG? They are the least expensive of the above. I've been told by a guy at DBL that NXG are very good considering their low price.

I'm considering carrying those as the low end choice and AR as the higher end choice...

Thanks again

-Tim

·
Registered
448 Posts
Where is Onix?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
For the love of god, people, read the man's request before chiming in! He is trying to pick one cable line from the lineup his distributor offers...he is *not* asking for ridicule because he hasn't "included" your pet favorite.

FWIW, I would argue that Monster and/or AR would regenrate the most business for you--and that's really what your aksing for, I guess. For better or worse, people recognize both names and that will make your sales job that much easier. I think AR is the better bang for the buck, but Monster will yield higher profit margins--that's why the major chains carry the stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.