AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the back of this projector there are all sorts of video connectors I have never seen before and I am wodering if any of them are of any better quality than standard s-video.

Connections:

R/R-Y, G/Y (G Sync), B/B-Y, HD/Sync, VD (BNC-all grouped together)

S-video

Composite video and audio

2 D-15 connectors (Computer 1 and 2 inputs)

Which would you recommend be connected to my Harman Kardon DVD50 Progressive Scan DVD Player?

Thanks!

ima

·
Registered
164 Posts
Imagamer,

S-Video is the next to worst input. Does not carry high def. Composite is the worst. Componnent is the nest step up from s-video. Use the computer 15 pin is you can or a dvi if you have it. Dvi is the best. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I can buy a cable that will connect the D-15 'Computer 1 Input' to the component output on my HK DVD50 and get progressive scan quality video, use the existing optical out from the dvd to the optical in on my Harman Kardon AVR 525 for the DD5.1 or DTS??

The D-15 inputs on the Epson Powerlite 7350 aren't exclusively for connecting to computers? Unfortunately, this projector doesn't have DVI on it, but for the price I got it for it can't be beat for a beginner.

Is there any use for the BNC connectors in a home entertainment application?

Sorry for the elementary questions, but I am just starting out in this game and would like to get the best quality video possible from this setup. Thanks for understanding! :)

ima

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.