AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I've been looking at camcorders as I've got a young family that I want to film and I run a Greek travel website that I want to create youtube videos for.

I need it to have a decent battery life, work well in brigh conditions, have a good optical zoom, some sort of image stabilisation and be idiot proof as the wife will be using it as well.

I've got a Nikon D5100 which takes nice photos and decent video but it's a bit bulky for filming so we'd like something more compact.

Any suggestions, brands to look for or avoid anything like that is much appreciated.

£200 is the rough budget but if there's something amazing I wouldn't be against spending a bit more.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi AJL - at your price point, I recommend the Panasonic TZ40 (the ZS30 in the States). You can get a new one for £209.49 via Amazon UK . This camera records crystal clear video at 1080/50p.

Here is what this camera can do:

One of the experts who frequents this forum, Mark R., has shot a lot of beautiful footage with this camera, but I'll leave it to him to share it.

Another alternative in your price range is the interchangeable lens Pentax Q. You can get a new one for £217 at Amazon UK (one left at that price) . This camera records at 1080/30p and has a great auto modes for inexperienced shooters, as well as a DSLR-style PASM dial for manual control.

Here is what this camera can do:

You would be able to use your Nikon lenses with this camera with an inexpensive adapter .

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

1 - 2 of 2 Posts