AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be recording video at tradeshows. I will be in front of the camera interviewing people with a Shure SM63 mic while someone follows me with the camcorder on a stabilizer, such as the Roxant Pro. Lots of moving around means the autofocus has to be good. Limited to existing lighting means recording with only room lighting needs to be good. I like the form factor of the Canon Mini X, but I don't like the fish-eye lens. I don't want to mess with changing lenses or manual controls, so a DSLR would be overkill and the autofocus wouldn't be adequate anyway. I don't need 4k - just 1080p at 30fps. Any suggestions on what else I should consider? For now, let's assume a budget of under $1000.

·
Registered
533 Posts
As I use Panasonic, I suggest last years HC-V750. Decent OIS and autofocus. 29mm wide angle with a 20x optical zoom to frame the shot. (goes to 50x in Intelligent Mode) A extra battery plus a mains /12v charger would be good. The camera has an external mic socket and a headphone socket for monitoring.

Mic should be OK but I prefer electret condenser mics. They normally have a battery supply but I have found that most work directly plugged into the camera as there is around 2v at the mic socket. I use YOGA EM-8 and BAYA mics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts