AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got in my head that most of the capture cards are used mainly for enhancing the PQ or changing the aspect ratio instead of doing any actually recording.

Which card is the best for recording and replaying the recording at a later date?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi rgathright,

Anything marketed as a capture card should have software and/or hardware support for recording the video to watch on a later date. Now TV (Tuner) cards though may not be marketed as a capture card will allow you to capture given you have software that supports the card and its driver. A few examples of some software applications you may want to check out are Showshifter (recommended) and WinDVR.

Best regards,

Gabe

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the WIN TV THEATER i have every thing i need for it to record TV, VIDEO , i have a problem with the sound i can record it perfect and it comes in clean but for some reason the sound it not there when it plays back can any one help me on the PLZ PLZ :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Canopus MVR-1000 works well for capture and mpeg2 conversion but I'm not sure how well it would work for HTPC purposes since I haven't committed to doing that yet. It doesn't ahve a tune; SVHS/RCA input only -- I think the Japanese counterpart has a tuner though

Mike Carson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.