AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some one help me with an best card for viewing 1080p content on HDTV?

I have no idea of playing games.

can someone recommend me a card for under $50?

the processor I am using is Intel i3 530 processor and the mobo is Intel BOXDH57JG.

the PSU is 250W.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini0603 /forum/post/19536530

wont adding a video card will give better picture quality?

Not really. The integrated graphics on the i3 is plenty for HTPC use. I used it for awhile, and 1080p is 1080p if you know what I mean.

I had some other issues with the i3 graphics, though. It would always generate errors while using media center, and the only way I could fix it was by getting a discrete graphics card. A lot of people use the i3 graphics without any problem, though. So if you can use it, you might as well use it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, 1080p picture quality will be the same if you have the power to play it without stuttering. i3 will do this no problem. By adding a discrete graphics card, you can add post-processing to the video. You know, advanced de-interlacing functions, edge-enhancement, de-noise, etc. It is arguable whether these things are actually improving the PQ or not. If you are into such enhancements, the 5450 is going to struggle to do them, so you'd need maybe at least the 5570.

Better graphics card can render 3D games with more features and better PQ, because they are rendering the content on the fly. Videos are simply being played, and the PQ is what was originally recorded and encoded, and not being created on-the-fly like 3D graphics are. So adding a discrete graphics card won't change the information already encoded in your video files, outside of the gimmicky "enhancements" which you may or may not like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts