AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the best possible CD-ROM drive that I will use solely for the purpose of Digital Audio Extraction. I already have a CD-RW and a DVD-ROM. I am trying to create high quality backups of my music cd's on my computer and want the closest copy of the original as possible. Also, the quieter the better. Thanks for any help.

--putyourpantsup

P.S. - Is there any way for me to hook up two of my CD drives to a single sound card? Like, the cable that runs from a CD-ROM to the soundcard that lets you play music CD's, is there a way for me to have more than one drive hooked up to a single sound card? Is there some kind of cable that will split to the two drives and then connect to one input on the card? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Plextor website, it says the drive is only compatible with Windows 95/98/2000/ME and NT 4.0. I will be running Win XP Pro, do you think it will still work?

--putyourpantsup

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Get a copy of EAC from http://www.exactaudiocopy.de and let it determine the capabilities of the drives you already have. If one of them has accurate stream, supports C2 error detection, and doesn't cache audio data, it doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Yeah Echo that above words from the wise...

Just want to say that my EAC machine has a Pioneer 117 DVD drive in it... i consistently get 100% results even when multitasking...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Plextor + EAC = best

For what its worth, I was told the guy who wrote EAC uses Plextor and works with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.