AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently updated my complete home theatre system and am a bit of a novice in the a/v venue. I was hoping that some of the sharp guys and gals that post on this forum might be able to offer some suggestions as to the best way to connect my current components so as to provide the best picture/sound that my hardware can deliver.

I have a Denon 3803 a/v receiver, Denon 5900 DVD player, Sony SAT 300HD satellite receiver, and a Panasonic TH50PHD6UY plasma display. I intend to receive HD content via the SAT 300, but I will not be receiving any OTA stations (at least in the near future). The Denon 5900 and the Sony SAT 300 both have a DVI connection and it is my understanding that the Panasonic display has the capacity for two DVI blades. I was under the impression that the DVI connection was the absolute best solution, but from reading some of the posts here, it seems that component might be nearly as good as DVI. Add to that the Denon 3803 has no DVI pass through... How does this fit into the mix?

I appreciate any comments/advice and appreciate your patience with my questions.

Regards,

Stan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.