AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwant to get an hdtv for gaming and I dont know what set gives me the best gaming quality picture. I'll primarily be using an xbox but I also own a ps2 and am planning on purchasing an xbox360. the only feature i really need is an hdmi port and some hd component inputs.i was in a local bestbuy and a lg 30" widescreen caught my eye but i couldnt judge the picture because of the feed,enviornment etc. i also may watch some dvds so i wanted a widescreen preferably. i can't afford over 1000$.this is my dilemma

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wert12
Iwant to get an hdtv for gaming and I dont know what set gives me the best gaming quality picture. I'll primarily be using an xbox but I also own a ps2 and am planning on purchasing an xbox360. the only feature i really need is an hdmi port and some hd component inputs.i was in a local bestbuy and a lg 30" widescreen caught my eye but i couldnt judge the picture because of the feed,enviornment etc. i also may watch some dvds so i wanted a widescreen preferably. i can't afford over 1000$.this is my dilemma
We should really sticky a topic like this.. Happens way too often :rolleyes: Best for under a 1,000.. The Sony 30inch 420.. JVC/Sanyo also make good 30inch sets for under a grand.. The LG 30inch/Samsung slimfit sell for under a grand.. My best bet would be the Sony 420..

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ignore the crappy analog feed on the LG.. I seen it displayed in HD & it outshined the Samsung slimfit right beside it. Great set for the price..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I myself need an HDTV for for Xbox 360 gaming I wanted a CRT mainloy due to it's affordability & reliability.

BUT, all Xbox 360 games will be in 720p resolution, game developers have the option to make them 1080i, but they must have a 720p mode.

I heard people mention that most, if not all, CRT's do NOT support 720p? Is that true?

Also, what does it mean when it says it automatically "upscales" any 480p or 480i signal to 1080i?

So essentially if you want to play Xbox 360 games you NEED 720p resolution to cover all your bases.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinXbox360
it says it automatically "upscales" any 480p or 480i signal to 1080i?

So essentially if you want to play Xbox 360 games you NEED 720p resolution to cover all your bases.
Not true, there's a nice built-in scaler in x360

·
Registered
408 Posts
PikminZeez,

what's with your negative inputs about the XBOX 360?

·
Registered
15,715 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikminZeez
I would help you, but you're getting the crappy Xbox 360. So, never mind.
So why post? It's painfully obvious you are begging for attention with yoyr fanboy ramblings.

When you get some fuzz on the kiwi's and mom stops serving you milk and cookies before bed, maybe you'll have a clue. :D :D :D

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHunter
PikminZeez credibilty now is 0!

Fanboys geesh :rolleyes:
A little birdie tells me the problem may be solved. Permanently. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.