AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to get some feedback on what some of the top 3 slimmer CRT sets are out there. I have gotten pretty frustrated with trying to find a newer technology set (DLP, LCOS, or LCD) without an assortment of issues that I'd rather not have to deal with when spending the larger sums of money that these sets generaly require. For instance; the whole component input situation (I want my component inputs to cover everything from 480i - 1080i on the same input) on Samsungs really aggrevates me and its the only reason I'm not considering one of their sets. So, I have decided to look for a CRT set and just hope that I can hold off the Burn-in factor untill the newer technology gets a little bit more convenient. I am pretty limited in space and therefore need something under 24" deep. I am currently sitting about 8' away from a 27" tube and so anything that produces a larger 4:3 image (with the bars on the side, cause I do want a wide screen but will probably not be watching anything stretched out) than my current set would be fine. Thanks for any and all input.

Ron

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Mitsubsihi 2004 line has better PQ, add DVI, the stretch modes look good and will eliminate burn-in, and most are within the depth you need.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trancer23
I highly recommend the toshiba 46h83.. its right at 24 (maybe even 23 inches) deep
It's actually under 22" deep. My question is, how much better is the 46HX83 vs. the 46H83? The HX is the "Cinema Series" and the H is the TheaterWide Series. They have different CRTs, but how different are they? I can't find a dealer in Atlanta that carries the Cinema Series, only the TheaterWide series.

I wonder if Toshiba's lower-end series is still better than a Panny RPTV? (I'm also considering the Panny 47WX53.)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Actually - I think you will find that most CRT RPTVs are under 24" in depth.;)

Mitsu, Pio Elite and Hitachi are 3 of the best.

If you take your set out of torch mode - burn-in is a non-issue.

I think you have seen the light...

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit07
Actually - I think you will find that most CRT RPTVs are under 24" in depth.;)

Mitsu, Pio Elite and Hitachi are 3 of the best.

If you take your set out of torch mode - burn-in is a non-issue.

I think you have seen the light...

Quote:
and rlii Originally posted and so anything that produces a larger 4:3 image (with the bars on the side, cause I do want a wide screen but will probably not be watching anything stretched out)[/b]
Burn issue may still be there if you watch un-stretched 4:3 images day in and day out on wide screen, even in non torch mode. That would cause no wear on sides, and normal conservative wear in middle. Over time it would show I believe. Stretch modes are actually pretty good these days.

Sony KP46WT500 has also received favorable reviews.

Many web sites carry basic WxDxH dimensions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oldavman
The Mitsubsihi 2004 line has better PQ, add DVI, the stretch modes look good and will eliminate burn-in, and most are within the depth you need.
I'm interested in the 2004 line, but wonder why you suggest they "eliminate burn-in"? Do the newer stretch modes help that much? Our problem is that my kids watch stations with the stupid logo at the bottom, and the wife and I watch news channels (also with stupid logo, but also with the news ticker).

I'd like to stay within around 24" as well, and I see that the 48413 is right at 24"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.