AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several threads tracking Dell's prices on the 503, but I haven't seen much regarding the 433.

I'm leaning toward purchasing the Pioneer 433CMX over the Panasonic PWD5 for upgradability and elimination of the screen door effect that I've noticed on the SD Panasonic.

The current 433CMX price from www.plasmaextreme.us is $4247, and www.1800plasmas.com is $4229 both including the PDA-5002 and shipping.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Im on track with everythig youve said.I thik im going with plasamaextreme based on good forum reports.im waiting till first week in january to avoid onslaught of items being shipped now

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Dell-Home

Qty Part#

1 A0020666 ML-Desk stand for the Pioneer PDP503/433CMX

1 A0014773 ML-Pioneer 433CMX Plasma Display

Includes PDA5002 video card

Includes Addl. 1 yr warranty(2 yr in home total)

Shipped via: Next Day

Total Order Amount: $4,170.00

NO Coupons

Harley

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
When did you get this great deal harley?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Did you go through the same rep as the panasonic? What happened to the panny.. is this a replacement or another plasma? I can't seem to get my panny :(

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scmguru
Did you go through the same rep as the panasonic? What happened to the panny.. is this a replacement or another plasma? I can't seem to get my panny :(
I ordered the Panasonic on December 5th with next day delivery, the date change to delivery shipping on December 10th, I contacted Dell and was told on backorder, I then called Electrograph and they told me they expect a shipment on December 17th and I've been on that road before not sure if it's the right one.

I need this set guaranteed by Christmas, and the representative at Electro graph told me that they had a good supply of the Pioneers and that they can ship out as soon as they received confirmation from Dell or if I called them back with my new order number, in case they're slow to enter, so I decided to spend a few extra dollars for the pioneer and now I'm glad I did.

I called Dell canceled the Panasonic order and ordered the Pioneer.

It was a different representative.

I couldn't take the chance of not having the plasma by Christmas.

Harley

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat.. I think I'm going to cancel the order as well and go w/ a pioneer.. did they pricematch a particular web site or did they just give you that price?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scmguru
I'm in the exact same boat.. I think I'm going to cancel the order as well and go w/ a pioneer.. did they pricematch a particular web site or did they just give you that price?

YH2PM's

Harley

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bk8

Davis: What is the "screen door" effect?
I think it means: When you stand very close to a screen you can see the screen (the horizontal and vertical wire mesh) then when you back away it seems to disappear, I've noticed this on the Panasonic and to my old eyes it takes about six to eight feet for the screen door effect to disappear.

I'm sure there's a better exclamation but to me this is how I interpreted it.

Harley

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone know if Dell sticks their logo on it, or does it just come directly from Pioneer? HH: You'll have to let us know when it arrives!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bk8
Does anyone know if Dell sticks their logo on it, or does it just come directly from Pioneer? HH: You'll have to let us know when it arrives!
No DELL logo.

I spoke with electrograph today and they said shipping today and SHOULD be at my house tomorrow:rolleyes:

Harley

·
Registered
118 Posts
ugh.. I an so frustrated with these people. The guy I spoke with said they didn't carry them, and to call back tomorrow to speak with the guy I ordered the screen with because he can't (won't) help me. I'm beginning to hate Dell, and am tempted to cancel the order just out of spite.

·
Registered
868 Posts
HuskerHarley--dayum, you must have the magic touch or something with getting those great Dell price quotes; first the Panny, now the Pioneer. Now I can't decide whether to go with the Panny or the Pioneer, backorder or not notwithstanding...then again, I still need the wife to release the funds for purchase.:( With my luck, even if/when she approves, I betcha the Pioneers will be on backorder by then...:mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's how I got my 433CMX from Dell for $3852 shipped thru the small business section back in sept.

Dell part number for the 433CMX is Part#: A0014773

1 Ordered the 503CMX thru the Small Business and apply what ever coupons and discounts you have. Got an order number.

2. Called customer service and told them that I wanted the 433CMX instead, give the part number.

3. Make sure all the discounts that were applied to the 503 order is on the 433cmx.

4. Wait for confirmation and shipment.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arnolds
Here's how I got my 433CMX from Dell for $3852 shipped thru the small business section back in sept.

Dell part number for the 433CMX is Part#: A0014773

1 Ordered the 503CMX thru the Small Business and apply what ever coupons and discounts you have. Got an order number.

2. Called customer service and told them that I wanted the 433CMX instead, give the part number.

3. Make sure all the discounts that were applied to the 503 order is on the 433cmx.

4. Wait for confirmation and shipment.
Way to go,very smart.

Did you have to pay tax and did you get a stand and card included for that price?

Harley

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.