AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Ive come to my senses and put the pioneer 503 behind me since Im stuck in a small room about six feet from the screen.A 50 would have been overkill with a fear of seeing grids and artifacts.so Im on to the panny42 and the forum seems to point at better pq at 6 ft from the hd though at times this idea contradicts itself in the plasma buying guide.If anyone can challenge my thoughts please do before I finally go for it.As originally stated does anyone have some good price quotes from dell or anyone else on the panny 42hd.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to a local 6ave store today to take a look at the panny 42hd, but they only had the no HD model from last year in stock and i have to say it looked good next to HD model of some sort. The sales man told me that even though the HD is a better picture that it would only be better when viewing 1080 and 7xx not 480 being that the 480 will give a grainy effect, more so then the NON HD model . he suggested I look into a non HD unit.. i'm still lost but to answer you question on prices.. heres a cheapest price I found from a reputable site ( I have dealt with them before )

42 inch pana plasma

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Also consider the Pioneer 433CMX, the 43" model that is HD 1024x768. It has the same benefits and card sot with upgrade possibilities as the 503CMX. It would be perfect for 6foot distance, since the Panasonic WD might be a little close at 6feet since you might make out the pixel structure at that distance. The Panasonic HD model is 1024x768 but more expensive than the Pioneer 433CMX model.

·
Registered
166 Posts
try this for the panny 42" hd model with dell if you can be patient with their CSRs and don't mind being told the item is on backorder until january and then having it show up next week. yes this happens. see second post

this might or might not work.

take the percentage discount that these people got on the listed price for the SD unit and stand found in the Dell Federal Gov't site.

apply that same percentage discount to the listed HD and stand price. if it's attractive to you, call them up and make them an offer. no coupons.

here are a few happy SD buyers from Dell See HuskerHarley specifically

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jay.don and hawaii{lived there in 77 best year of my life} Im a little confused on the pioneer 433cmx since the plasma buying guide compared 5 plasmas and ranked it I think fourth.I was excited about this model until I read that.I also thought the hd panny was better at six feet for not seeing pixel which is the only reason Im thinking of going that route.I dont have a visual comparison available in this area-Sounds like I should stick with the sd panny42.I sure dont want pixels and artifacts since my old wega at six feet kept them out of sight.Thanks again--one more thing -What are you using as a tuner.Any decent box tuners I should look at?Im going with an old panny vcr but that means composite hitch ups and it all seems a little low tech.I would love to reinstate pip to my panny. Matt

·
Registered
698 Posts
Checkout the cnet review on the panny someone posted yesterday.Cnet has the price comparisons and it looks like alot of retailers are starting to sell the sd panny for $3600-$3700. good luck bm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.