AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so my wife and I are going to be selling out house soon, and I'm thinking that as part of the "staging" of the house, we could put a blu-ray in and have it on a continual loop so the projector and the "movie room" help sell the house. One small problem... the "movie room" is the family room, and has 8 windows! I vary rarely watch TV during the day, but when I do, I simply turn the projector on bright mode and it's acceptable (read: acceptable but not great). At night the projector looks great, but I don't think anybody will be coming by to view the house at night. On the plus side, it is winter time and the sun is very far south, so the room doesn't get much/any direct light (5 windows face east-west, 3 face north).

So for the setup, I have the following:
  • Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-Ray Player
  • Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
  • Optoma HD-70 720P Projector

I'm looking to find the BEST possible Blu-Ray (or DVD) to show off the system while there is moderate light in the room.

As a referrence point, I frequently watch football games on ESPN HD during the day and they look ok. Maybe something like a Pixar movie, possibly Shrek?

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah, I'd stick with one of the Pixar/Dreamworks flicks. Even better might be a concert DVD that's filmed with lots of bright lighting - you run less risk of them getting wrapped up in the movie and not paying any attention to the home.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Are you using a realtor? If so, ask them if it's a good idea. If it doesn't look great it may backfire on you. Acceptable to watch for you may not be good enough to buy for them. May be better to let the potential buyers imaginations' provide the incredible picture they will get in "their" new HT. And to be honest, if I were home shopping I would spend about 2 minutes looking at a HT setup and the rest of the time at the important stuff like house layout, roof, basement/foundation, yard, drainage etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input! I like the idea of Planet Earth, but agree most with the post about not showing anything and let the buyers imagination work it's magic. Thanks again for everybody's input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts