AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best deal for my money.

This projector will mainly be used for business meetings and presentations. The room it will be used in doesn't have a lot of light control in it...so I don't know how much of a problem that will be. From reading other threads it sounds like an LCD projector would be better than a DLP for what I am wanting to use it for....does that sound right?

Can anyone help me out with what is good. I don't know anything about projectors and it sounds like people on this forum know what they are talking about. I am wanting to spend about $2000.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Look at projectorcentral.com on their recommended projectors list. A very close match to my views, and others as well.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George_Stenbeck
sony hs10
the hs10 is a widescreen PJ. not a good presentation PJ, IMO. wouldn't you want 4:3?

check out dell and epson and infocus

·
Registered
986 Posts
sorry i should read more before i reply, or at least read more than the title.

I have been very happy with my nec lt240, i use powerpoint and run some video, i would think you could pick one up for close to 2000.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You need to lock down some more needs and features:

How big of a room will you be using ?

How bright will the lights be ?

i.e. Bright enough for viewers to take notes and or read a book?

Will you be showing just graphs and pictures....or is video also included in your presentations?

Do you want something just for presentations...or something you can take home at night and use for DVDs or TV viewing?

How big and how much weight will you tolerate in a portable unit ?

Does it need to fit into your briefcase ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be using this mostly for work...I doubt if we will ever use it as a home theater. The presentations will mostly involve pictures and graphs...but could possibly in the future involve video.

The room is bright enough to read a book in...and i don't know if we have any control over that. There will only be about no more than 10 people in the room at a time...the room is relatively small...probably 15x30 ft...somewhere in there.

it doesn't necessarily need to fit into my briefcase.

does that help so that maybe i can get more help from you guys?

should i go with an LCD or DLP?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If you want easy transport, I'd take a quick look at the Panasonic LC76u. It can be had for around $1700. I'm using one for HT and I've used it with my laptop as well. I think it is a rather nice option right now. I use it on lower brighness, but if the room is bright, you will want to use the higher brightness. If your budget will allow, look at the LC80 as well, as getting over 2,000 lumen would be better in a brighter room.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Two replies deleted for posting hyperlinks to projector dealer websites. If your reply was removed, please read the forum posting guidelines located at the top of the forum FAQ, which is sticky-posted at the top of the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.