AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting rid of my Dish system to go to Direct, and I need a new Direct HD box to hook up to replay, a seriel port is a must. I was looking at new Samsung 160, but I dont think it has port, and replay support seems dead.

I was hoping for a new box, as opposed to a 1st generation. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been assured the SIR-TS160 Samsung will be supported via IR Blaster very soon. It has an always on s-video output that works great with the replay. The best? Dunno.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HATE the irblaster!!!!!! I have one hooked up to Dish 6000, and while it works 95% of the time, if its gonna fail the channel change, itll be on a show I like. I would also like to not worry if its on HD or not, so a box thatll put out on both componant and s-video would be really cool, maybe I'm asking to much?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Hughes box yesterday at BB for $399.00 new, not bad but I'm thinking of returning as I would like a box that outputs on both componant and S-vid. That way I can halfassed timeshift HD programs. My wife hates it when someone calls during a HD program cause theres no way to pause, this way I can record of Svid while watching, then go to diff. input if someone bugs. p.s., does ir blaster work backwards? The Hughes box has IR output, but I was wondering if I hook up a 1/8" cord from replay IR to Hughes IR it that would work?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like the only box that goes out of both outputs is the Samsung t160, AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You have to choose between simultaneous output of HD and 480i and a serial port. The Samsung 160 has the former, the new Sony 200 has the later. My Hughes E86 has neither. I too want a serial port, but without the simultaneous HD/SD output, recording will be a pain in the butt, so if I were buying today, it would have to be the Samsung.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.