AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to make the move to DISH Network Full Dish 500 & HD Service.

I need recommendations for a capable & reputable installer in the San Fernando Valley-LA.

I need suggestions for a reputable online or local place to buy DISH 6000, PVR501, 500-300 Dish and associated switching equipment-or should I buy from the installer?

I would also need the installer to be capable/knowlegable in the installation of a UHF anteanna for OTA-HD.

Thank you in advance for your prompt assistance in this regard.

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you find one? the one that did mine is not one i'd recommend, and I'm adding an ExpressVu dish so I need a new installer.

------------------

-- jas

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe. I have not scheduled the work or got the final bid, but I had Shawn over and I lked what I heard.

Call:Shawn

Satellite Superstores

12129 Magnolia Blvd North Hollywood,CA 91607

800-555-7696 fax: 818-762-6882

I assume you cannot get OTA HD with an antenna.

I looked at ExpresVu, but it seemed expensive for only one channel of Network HD scheduled for EST.

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, for political reasons, I can't put up the kind of antenna I'd need to do to get the OTA signals.

ExpressVu is my only option for some network content in HD.

------------------

-- jas

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you obtaining the ExpressVu hardware and monthly subscription and at what cost?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The following installed my second dish for 61.5 and switch 64. They did a good job.

Satellite Service Company

3049 Kadota St

Simi Valley, CA 93063

805-581-1111

1-800-257-1728

I actually bought my switch 64 from the Satellite Super Stores in North Hollywood but they charged me $175 for the switch 64 which lists for $149. Satellite Service Company had no switch 64 in stock so it was either wait or pay the extra. Satellite Superstores quoted me more for the installation so I didn't use them.

Rick

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick,

Who did you work with there?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Murray,

I believe his name was Ed. I have it written down at home and I will let you know later if, when I check it, I remembered wrong.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.