AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Depends on your requirements.

Most "data" uses are not very exacting: put a picture on the wall so that we can read it, don't worry very much about color, contrast, etc. Brightness is the only criterion.

I use my machine (an old Infocus LP400) for HT in my living room and also for business presentations. When I use it for HT, I am very thoughtful about how it is set up and adjusted.

When I go to an office to set up for business, I generally don't have the luxury of even a screen onto which to project it. I was in the office of a major publisher in NYC last week, and projected onto a brownish-colored wall; the folks said, "We always use it, its fine."

I would suggest that you buy for HT use and then argue that it will meet your data needs as well.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW!! does this machine has DVI-HDCP input, to match with nEW SAMMY DVD player to come? along with, possibility to do nATIVE UNPROCESSED PAL, 720p, 1080i???

Any reviews? Best price?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't really know now. I am currently using NEC LT260 and it is a fabulous machine for both movie watching and also presentation

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is the link to the Dell projector. Dell 3200 MP link

Sorry, but how good is this projector really? Could I use a 120 inch screen and get a decent quality HD image? I am really green on this subject and I have a pretty new HD monitor right now, but like a lot of other people I am wishing I had gone bigger. I end up sitting about 4 feet from my TV right now just so I can wonder at the detail that HD offers. Any advice would be great. The two grand sounds about right. Can anyone offer up a comparably priced projector that would outperform this one?

TIA

Jared

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Dell Projector does not have a standard DVI input, it has a P&D input, also called a M1-DA for your analog/digital/component/HDTV signal. The projector does come with cables so that if you want to this output directly to component or VGA you can. I have this projector and it is very nice for both DVD and HD quality. The only problem I have with it now is wanting dual imputs through the M1-DA, see the following posts:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=dell+3200

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=dell+3200

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.