AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing construction on our new home...the dedicated theater room will be 21ft by 15 ft with 11ft ceiling...there are two 14inch step ups with the first row at 12.5-13 ft and the second row at 17.5-18ft...i calculated about a 120inch long screen, which would be about 135inch diagonal...the room as complete light control and will painted a darker cream- brown color...what is the best projector thats out to give a nice bright , sharp picture...mostly for movies and occassional sports...i would like to spend no more than around $10k, unless a few $k extra gives a nice leap in quality...the expertise of the many intelligent and knowledgeable members would be greatly appreaciated as I am new to this world...thanks in advance...SS

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scycle2020 /forum/post/18185135

I am finishing construction on our new home...the dedicated theater room will be 21ft by 15 ft with 11ft ceiling...there are two 14inch step ups with the first row at 12.5-13 ft and the second row at 17.5-18ft...i calculated about a 120inch long screen, which would be about 135inch diagonal...the room as complete light control and will painted a darker cream- brown color...what is the best projector thats out to give a nice bright , sharp picture...mostly for movies and occassional sports...i would like to spend no more than around $10k, unless a few $k extra gives a nice leap in quality...the expertise of the many intelligent and knowledgeable members would be greatly appreaciated as I am new to this world...thanks in advance...SS

My recommendation is to either stretch the budget and get a SIM2 MICO50 LED or SIM2 HT3000E, both of which are DLPs and are bright and sharp, or give up on getting a higher-end DLP and save some money and buy a JVC RS35 and high-gain screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts