AVS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am sure this has been posted as a thread somewhere else but I was not able to find it. What are the suggestions you would have for that one single scene (under 10 min) in a movie that would best demo Dolby Atmos to a client?
look no further than a Marvel movie. This was the first scene that came to mind. But for some reason the sound isn't working on my tablet. Going to just watch it on Disney plus right now just because!

Didn't catch what you're watching it on, but the lightning in 4k HDR looks amazing, and coupled with what I would have to imagine is amazing Atmos, I can't wait to get my stereo hooked up!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mad Max Chapter 6, Fantastic Beasts Chapter 11 to finish essentially, Gravity(all), Ready Player One Opening Race Scene, Ford v Ferrari (opening and...everything), Doctor Sleep (Overlook on). There are many luckily but I use these a lot.
ready player one seems popular, as well it prob should with new sound.. Makes me think of baby driver for some reason, and I bet it has some good parts too.. Ford vs Ferrari, what a great movie that is!

·
Registered
193 Posts
the scene in Dr Strange where The Ancient One first casts a spell on Dr Strange to show him magic and he's bouncing around all sorts of dimensions and whatnot has sounds and voices all over the place. I recently moved up from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 and this scene is even better now with the rear atmos speakers I installed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Look no further than the official Dolby Atmos trailers...

This one is my favorite:

Amaze

Check them all out at this site, but make sure you download the "Dolby TrueHD 7.1 ATMOS" ones and not those without it...

I've tried trailers from this site and I have never had luck with any of them. Since I can't play these files directly from my PC I have to download them and put them on USB and then try to get them to play back on my HT equipment, but nothing works. No matter what device I try to use to play the files (Xbox One X, TV itself, UDH Player, etc.), either files won't play ("this format is not supported") or the video will play but without audio and I get the error "The audio format of this file is not supported".

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I've tried trailers from this site and I have never had luck with any of them. Since I can't play these files directly from my PC I have to download them and put them on USB and then try to get them to play back on my HT equipment, but nothing works. No matter what device I try to use to play the files (Xbox One X, TV itself, UDH Player, etc.), either files won't play ("this format is not supported") or the video will play but without audio and I get the error "The audio format of this file is not supported".
My Sony 4K player (UBP-X800) plays them directly from the USB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fury, 26 minutes in arriving at Baker Company: overhead airplanes, shooting, distant explosions.
It actually sounds amazing on a 16" MacBook Pro (better than my Sony Atmos soundbar), except deep rumbles of course.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If you hook your PC or a laptop up to your HT equipment, you should have no problem playing those Dolby Atmos trailers with free applications like VLC or MPC-BE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A new BEST!!! the 4K Back to the future set, right out the gate, credit scene in movie one, with all the clocks at Docs house. The soundtrack is also just magnificent. This is the absolute best QUALITY sound. And it was recorded in stereo originally. THANK YOU SOUND ENGINEERS!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts