AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a 7500 which is powered by Radeon but not build by Radeon/ATI. In reading and searching it seems that I cannot run some of the ATI drivers on this card??

What version of the drivers are the best for this card?

I also have a GeForce IImx video card if the drivers are limited for the 7500 am I better off using the GeForce?

Thanks in advance

Computer

Windows 2000

Soyo Dragon +

AMD 1900

256mb ram

7500 video

IO Magic Capture Card

10GB HD FAT/Boot

80GB HD HPFS

LG CDRW/DVD

Airboard

Antec case

Usage

Dedicated HTPC

DVD

MP3

DScaler

Some video proc. (Tivo to vcd/divx)

Web browsing

Display

Toshiba TN61X81

Panny AE100 - 92" Wide Da-Lite

·
Registered
47 Posts
There was a recent thread about the ATI drivers, etc. and a link to software to reflash the bios on the card. I used it on my OEM version 7500 that was having problems with anything other than the ATI reference drivers.

I now run the 'for real' Radeon drivers off the ATI site for my version O/S (WIN 98) that I use on my HTPC.

Do a search & you should find it np.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, actually I did read the thread and did the flash thing but was still unable to load the drivers...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi All:

___The inf trick works as expected if the “Made by ATI†drivers will not install with your particular OEM/Retail/Bulk/whatever 7500 card directly. For 2000 or XP, the 6025’s are very proven HTPC choice vs. all the other ATI driver garbage everyone wants to try.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi xcel

what the best drivers for 7500 with win me.

thank you

·
Registered
697 Posts
plaiming

xcel said its for 2000 or xp.

what i was asking for win me.

is this driver is also good for win me as well.?

safaa

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
With Windows ME, stay away from 9021's. I installed it on 3 pc's and they couldn't play a DVD for 20 min without a full system lockup when using Cinemaster filters. WinDVD and PowerDVD were both fine. Went back to 9012's and every machine is perfect. I looped DVD's in each for over 24 hours and they just kept playing. I haven't tried the 9031's.

·
Registered
697 Posts
thankGreg

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a built by ATI Radeon 7500 and am running XP with the latest ATI drivers (6071) without any problems. Can someone please explain to me why using the 6025 drivers would be better? Is there something in particular that I should watch out for?

If there is a real reason to move back to the older drivers, are there any gotcha's when uninstalling the new drivers and installing the old ones? Anything i have to clean up by hand vs. running the uninstall?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 7500 on a Win 98 platform. Can the more experienced types tell me the recommended driver set rev/version for Win98 and the 7500?

TIA. :p

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Since the new drivers have "officially" been released today, check the ATI site and perhaps wait for some first reviews here over the next few days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just after I posted (been following this thread), I went to the ATI site and noticed new ones. Tried to download, failed miserably, came back here & found out why!

Thx

:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.