AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of rwading and some testing and it appears that the best picture quality with my 51h83 TV though component inputs actually comes from sending a 480 i signal to the TV and allowing the TV to upconvert to 1080i. I am still alittle fuzzy on how this conversion works but I gather it has something to do with 480 to 540 vs 4080 to 1080 conversion.

I am currently using a Toshiba SD4800 and plan to change DVDs soon.

If this is the best picture quality then are their players (not too expensive) that are better outputting a 480i image? I am aware of the most poular low price modles Denon 1600 and 910 XP 30, 50 RP 82 and Mitsubiushi (can't remeber modle. But I always read about PROGRESSIVE SCAN PICTURE. Would these plyer give the best image progressive or interlaced or are there players that are better at a 480i image than these players?

I also have a DVI input so would I be better to wait for a player that outputs 1080i (I know the DVD is still only 480 but maybe the conversion in the DVD would be better??

My budget will be prbably $500 canadian or less. I don't need to move TOO fast but I want to get the best PQ I can with my TV. It still doesn't make sense that an interlaced picture would actually look BETTER than a progressive but I need to be realistic and go with what looks best not what specs say SHOULD be best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.