Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

New to the forum and was looking for some friendly advice. I just purchased a 50" Panasonic Plasma (TH-50PX50U). I am looking to finalize a purchase of a DVD player that best matches this TV for a reasonable price. I was told that some DVD players offer a better picture when used on a high definition TV.

Currently, I have a Direct TV Tivo (Samsung) with an S-Video feed. The picture actually looks impressive given the generic cable and the 480i display. I plan to go to the Direct TV high def when they launch the new satellite in January of 06. With that, I will use the HDMI cable from the Tivo to the TV and therefore will go component from the DVD.

Right now I am testing the Harmon Karden DV22. Using component connections @480p the picture looks amazing. I can not see how it could get much better. Then again, I am new to HD plasma viewing.

Please excuse the ignorance, but is it true that the only way i am going to view anything higher (720p / 1080i) is through a DVD that was produced at 720 or by receiving an HD signal? The only adjustments I can make on the Harmon Karden DV22 is either interlaced or progressive and for the DVD set up it was either 4:3 or 16:9. With the TV is was either full, just or zoom.

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced DVD player for a HD ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.