AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that when using an HTPC with a CRT unit, that sometimes the picture produced through the HTPC is different from that of the test modes built into the CRT projector. I just wrote a thread on this, because I am having this problem. I fit the test image to the screen, but then switch to the HTPC source and the image is way off to the left and much smaller.

Anyways, it was suggested that I use a DVD type focusing tool instead of the built in focusing images in the projector.

Can someone please let me know the names of such tools and maybe links to where I can get my hands on one.

Love the forum!

As always thanks for the knowledge!

DAN

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Just what I was looking for... If anyone wants to post any more they know of I'd be glad to have them. I like overkill :)

DAN

·
Registered
37 Posts
the is also a 3m tool called 3mmonitortest,exe which might have some extra usefull pattern and red blue and green screens to check burn in

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Cookie & Jeroen,

Thanks for links to those programs. They are both excellent.

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dan,

On your Ampro there are 3 builtin test patterns for various frequencies. The Ampro will also generate test patterns for the frequency of your source input by the following remote command:

4 [TEST]

For mechanical focusing find the "Holy Focus" thread where Guy Kuo goes through his procedure. You will get fantastic results.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sören,

Yes, that is the thread I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.