AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knew what type (standard/upconverting) of DVD player I should be using with this TV. Right now I am just using my JVC TH-M505 connected via component. It is an all in one DVD player and surround sound system. I have read both sides of the fence on getting an upscaling player or not, just wondering what you think about it as far as this TV goes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have a LDA-511 upconverting player attached to the HDMI port of my 70VS810 and it works great.

Suggest you find an optical toslink digital audio cable and the least expensive HDMI cable and use that as I did. IF you use the component ports, turning on the player turns off the component port and once off again, returns the component port again...works fine for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have a LDA-511 upconverting player attached to the HDMI port of my 70VS810 and it works great...terrific sound and picture, vacuum loading and decent price. :D

Suggest you find an optical toslink digital audio cable and the least expensive HDMI cable and use that as I did.

IF you need to use the component ports for other equipment, turning on the player turns off the component port and once it is off again, it returns the use of the component port again...works fine for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.