AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which is the best dvd player for a Mits dlp? Many people report various degrees of Macroblocking with Faroudja-chipped players and Sammy dlp's (though I don't have much with my Denon 2910 and Sammy hlp6163), and I wonder if this is the same with Mits dlp's. Is there any consensus on this yet? (Thanks for any info!)

·
Registered
15,819 Posts
Since you asked, the best is the Denon 5910. I would suggest using the 2910 with the Mits DLP to see whether you see MB (I don't with my 3910 and Sammy HLN DLP). If you don't see MB, then you have more options, including the Oppo, Denon 1920/2910/3910, and Panny S77/S97. If you do see MB, then your best options, if you're not interested in the 5910, are the Sony S975, Samsung 950, Pioneer 59ai, or Onkyo SP1000.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
Since you asked, the best is the Denon 5910. I would suggest using the 2910 with the Mits DLP to see whether you see MB (I don't with my 3910 and Sammy HLN DLP). If you don't see MB, then you have more options, including the Oppo, Denon 1920/2910/3910, and Panny S77/S97. If you do see MB, then your best options, if you're not interested in the 5910, are the Sony S975, Samsung 950, Pioneer 59ai, or Onkyo SP1000.
Bill, don't you ever get tired of answering these questions? ;) You should just save your response in a Word document and then you can cut and paste the response when the questions gets asked.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog044
Bill, don't you ever get tired of answering these questions? ;) You should just save your response in a Word document and then you can cut and paste the response when the questions gets asked.
Yes, I suppose my question is an oft-asked one. Perhaps a more direct quesiton would be: is the tendancy of MB'ing with Faroudja based dvd's as great on a Mits dlp as it is on a Samsung? or less?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a Pioneer 59avi connected to my Mitsubishi 52725 DLP. I send 720p over HDMI to it and have had no issues at all with anything. Picture quality is outstanding. There have been reports of people having problems with macroblocking with the Mits. DLP, but there is no chance of it with the 59avi.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill
Yes, I suppose my question is an oft-asked one. Perhaps a more direct quesiton would be: is the tendancy of MB'ing with Faroudja based dvd's as great on a Mits dlp as it is on a Samsung? or less?
The 2910 connected to the Mits 52 in. 1080p was more noticable then

my 3910 connected to my Sammy 62. 1080p was ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.