AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Panny RP82 in the shop after I got H02 and H07 errors. Given the quote I got, it might be better for me to replace it, mail it to Sango for repairs, who knows.

Assuming that I decide to replace it, what is the best option available for the Mitsubishi DLP TVs, specifically the 525 series?

I know there are so many issues: Macroblocking, de-interlacers, upscaling, component vs DVI/HDMI, etc. I know there has to be someone here who has tried a few players with the Mits and can come it with some good thoughts...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I own a Pioneer Elite 59avi along with a Mits. 725 DLP. I think it is a great combination. I send 720p over to it via HDMI. With that said though, after running several comparisons, I think that the internal scalar in the TV is pretty good as well... I think a very good 480p player will look great over component if you wish to stick with that. There are slight improvements sending 720p rather than 480p to the set and you will have to gauge whether or not it is worth it to you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would go with the Denon 5910

You did ask whats best.

I would go with either the Oppo 971H or the Panasonic S97/S77 if you don't plan to spend so much money.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps I should have put the price stipulation in there.

What is the best DVD player within a $300~ budget? Denon 5910 is just a wee bit out of my price range.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Panasonic S97/S77 - Oppo 971H

Denon 1920s initial tests have been very promising, but the player has been out for approximately 2 days by now.

I would wait a bit - it takes people approximately a month or so to notice the problems.

Both the Oppo 971H and Panasonic S77/97 have comparable video quality, so its features where it is at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.