AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED ADVICE ON THE BEST dvd pLAYER with all the current new features, I would like DTS but what is the newer technology with DPL 11. I really need help on understanding this. Cost is not a major concern , but I also would not like to spend 5 or 10 K either. I currently havea sony DVD player but it is an earlier model.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
The new Denon 9000. Just purchased one last night and makes any movie almost 3D in look. I went from the Denon 2800 and this is a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Early reports on the Denon 9000 confirm that it has the bug, but only a mild case.

Bound to be a few more reports soon as it has only recently gone on sale.

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
No problem with Chroma bug yet. I've only had time to watch 2 movies last night! This was an upgrade from the Denon 2800 and I never saw any problems with that machine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
what about jaggies?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Denon 9000 definitely has the chroma upsampling error. Some people will find this problem objectionable while others will not be bothered by the defect. Personally, I think that since the technology is available to make dvd players chroma free, that is the way to go...ie Pani or Kenwood!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pani or Kenwood? can you tell me which models of these are comparable to the Denon 9000? Does Denon have a way to upgrade their unit (9000) to fix the chroma bug or jaggies?

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Malata N996 is still and always will be the best

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Agreed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think it plays SVCD's though :(

Quote:
Originally posted by BJake
The new Denon 9000. Just purchased one last night and makes any movie almost 3D in look. I went from the Denon 2800 and this is a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your input. It seems after several years of trying that we would be farther along with DVD technology and worked out the flaws, cheaper units seem the way to go until the more expensive units don't make us know it is not the unit we would have liked ( already has a chroma bug or zag)in the first place. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks like the Malanta doesn't have DVD-Audio playback. I'm personally waiting for the Panasonic RP82 which is scheduled to come out next month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.