Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just wanted to get people's opinions on the best Dvd players used with scaler's such as Faroudja, Quadscan, Vigatec, and The Rock+.

What dvd player are you currently using with your Hometheater system?

Thanks in Advance, Brian

PS I currently have a Sony Dvp-S7000 and I might consider getting something better.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Brian,

Immersive has a special going on multiple dvd players that they will modify with SDI. If you are not too late I would highly recommend it that you take advantage of the opportunity.

·
Registered
360 Posts
IMO, the best INTERLACED player suitable to match any of those processors now is the Panasonic RP-91. No chroma bugs, etc. Aweseome picture.

Bogdan

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The panasonic mpeg decoder is the key here. Many non panasonic DVD players use it (like the Denon DVD3300). If you are not going to use SDI other factors will affect the quality of the i out. Even the quality of the power supply will have some impact on the SDI out. I am sure that there are better than the cheap panny. The usually answer to a post like this is the machine being used by the replier. Hell I bought it and it looks great to me so why buy anything else?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Currently I have a Sony Dvp-S7000 player and I am using a Quadscan scaler with an NEC Xg75 crt projector.

But I am upgrading to a Faroudja NR scaler and was considering a better quality Dvd player that can also do Dts.

I was considering the Pioneer Elite Dv-09 but there seems to be a lot of people not liking it because of the Chroma Bug. How big of a deal is the Chroma bug compared to the otherwise excellent picture of the Dv-09.

Another player I was considering was a Used Theta David player. And maybe a used EAD Theatervision dvd player.

I think my Sony 7000 player is okay right now, and apparently it doesn't have the Chroma bug problem.

But I will find out if I really need a better player when I get my new Faroudja NR scaler in the next week or so.

Thanks, Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.