AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Lite-on LVW-5005 DVD recorder at the moment and have really enjoyed it and it has done everything I have wanted, but recently when doing recordings it will just stop and say recording canceled. At that point I have to start recording the program over again, which is a pain in the butt if it happens one hour after I started recording a show.

I am looking to upgrade to a different model or brand, but reviews are all over the board, some people love the recorder some people hate it. If anyone can give me the recommendation on a DVD recorder it would be appreciated.

I have been looking at the Pioneer DVR-640H-S and the Panasonic DMR-ES15S and the reviews for both of those look pretty good.

Everyone's input is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfarla /forum/post/0

I have been looking at the Pioneer DVR-640H-S and the Panasonic DMR-ES15S and the reviews for both of those look pretty good.

Why don't you download the manuals and compare the features offered by both. Since you have some familiarity with a DVD recorder, you should have some idea about what features you want in a DVD recorder.

I personally prefer the features on the 640H, but you might decide the Panasonic suits your needs better.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I would agree with Biker about waiting until March for the new releases -- that is unless you want a unit with a HDD. In that case, go hunting now.

·
Registered
614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo /forum/post/0

This comment is very true. I hope all readers will appreciate it.

Most would agree.............

Common to return a recorder without a HDD in favor of one with a HDD.

Uncommon to return a recorder with a HDD in favor of one without a HDD.

Solely based on the HDD!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSDO /forum/post/0

Most would agree.............

Common to return a recorder without a HDD in favor of one with a HDD.

Uncommon to return a recorder with a HDD in favor of one without a HDD.

Solely based on the HDD!

More than that. There have been no new HDD DVD recorders announced for 2007.

They could be an endangered species.

Meaning hunt now or forever hold your peace. Because there may be no piece to hold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.