AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, usually use PowerDVD on my HTPC. stripped down version, but need to reinstall and can't find my disc..

Have been looking at the free download of Zoom player..

dont need it to decode sound, just play dvd's with good playback and some decent features..

So , what are some opinions on the best DVD player softwares which don't take over my system? Thanks in advance..

tminus

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
depending on what you are trying to do,this is very opinionated..theatertek has best picture I'VE seen.and is very simple to use.powerdvd is nice, with more features.picture on My system is not as good as theatertek.and last from my experience zoomplayer is just flat-out the best if simplicity is not wanted...you can use variuos adio,and video filters to mix and match and create just the best audio/video playback out there..do some searches and you should find a thread about this exact question.

brickie

·
Registered
277 Posts
Of course WinDVD!!

When setup correctly the picture quality is excellent.

Stock the picture quality is crap because bob mode is used as default but if you force weave, the pq goes up by like eh....alot....

Sound quality is excellent too and they are beginning to bring in some 24bit\\96khz support now too. They are heading in the right direction as far as I can see.

I still want to see 5.1 dts 24bit\\96khz support though.

Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, WinDVD is good, but don't use the Platinum one, it's still buggie.

Use the WinDVD 4.0.

I personally use NVDVD, WinDVD, and CinePlayer in the same machine ;)

They are good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.